Equality Act 2010 – Public Sector Equality Duty
Springwell School recognise their obligations under the Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED) and Equality Act 2010. The main aims of the PSED are to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act;
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not;
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not
The schools’ senior leaders and Governing Body annually review how well they achieve these aims with specific regard to ‘protected characteristics’ under the Equality Act.
- To recognise, respect and celebrate diversity
- To promote pupils’ understanding of identity, diversity, community and equality
- To ensure that the school’s core values are at the heart of our activities and that the curriculum reflects our inclusive ethos, which recognises diversity as a strength of the school.
- To effectively monitor the progress of different pupils groups so that all pupils make expected and better progress.