Parent Support Groups & Contacts
Springwell Parent Facebook Group
A group for the Parents of children attending Springwell School in Southampton to meet and support each other remotely across the city. We will ask you to answer a few questions to be accepted into the group.
Click HERE to be taken to the group.
Ground rules for the group:
1. This is not a group for discussing anything directly related to School or specific teachers. Nor is it a correct area for complaints. This must be discussed directly with the School. Any posts in breach of this rule will be removed.
2. No inflammatory articles Autism Cures, Immunisations etc these will immediately be removed.
3. We all have different styles of Parenting and different opinions on issues, please do not be judgemental.
4. No confidential information to be shared on here.
5. No inappropriate images.
6. No swearing please, please find alternative ways to express yourself.
7. If Admin feels that a post is becoming too heated comments may be suspended and the post possibly removed.
8. Try to help remember we are all fighting a daily battle.
9. Admins word is final.
10. Please do not post any sensitive data about your children or yourselves on here in line with Data Protection. This includes Phone numbers, Addresses, DOBs etc.
11. Have fun getting to know one another.
12. ONLY parents of children at Springwell School are permitted to be added to this group.
Carers In Southampton
For those providing unpaid care to someone.
Our support workers are able to help parent carers by identifying key areas of need and then onward navigation and referral to relevant services and support groups.
We also offer a carers card that parent carers find useful to identify their role and an emergency plan template that, when complete, can be stored by the council for reference by social and emergency workers.
Free service funded by SCC and NHS offering:
- - Information and service navigation.
- - Carer identity cards.
- - Emergency plans with option for storage/access by SCC.
- - Regular information sessions and social engagement.
- - Website of information on advice services, support groups, events, news etc.
Adults supporting someone resident in SCC postcodes.
Young carers (aged 8-18) in the family are supported by No Limits.
023 8058 2387 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
Hampshire Specialist Parenting Support Service
This service provides:
Parenting programmes: Training programmes and workshops, family learning activities, community based development support and family mediation services.
Mental health: Offering mental health and therapeutic support, including early intervention, for those at risk of homelessness and other harmful behaviours. Provides counselling, information, advice and guidance on recovering and rebuilding family relationships.
Barnardos, Post Office Chambers
St. Johns Centre, Upper Northam Road
Phone: 01489 799178
Every Local Authority in England must commission an Information, Advice and Support (IAS) service for their area about; matters relating to children and young people with SEND, enabling them to participate in decision making processes, and help them to achieve the best possible educational and other outcomes.